Now OPEN at The Warehouse!!
PUMA is an acronym for "Personal, Unique, Multifaceted Approach" and PUMA Physical Therapy has been designed with each individual client in mind. In today's healthcare system, it often feels like you are just a number, one of 10-20 people in a waiting room, sometimes waiting over an hour to be seen for less than five minutes. In many therapy settings, you are one of two to four patients being seen at a time, sometimes doing group exercises and sometimes doing the same exercises you do at home.
At PUMA Physical Therapy, my goal is to make the client feel like an individual again.
All clients will be seen on a one-on-one basis to ensure we are actually addressing the cause of your symptoms, not just your symptoms. It is often that the location of your pain, isn't the actual cause of your pain. Shoulder pain can be brought on by a lack of spinal or ankle range of motion and we will look at the whole body to decrease the risk of your symptoms returning by finding the actual cause.
PUMA Physical Therapy also specializes in athletes of all ages, including physical therapy as needed, but also injury prevention training and pre-participation screening. With certifications in the Functional Movement Screen and Y-balance test, along with the Selective Functional Movement Assessment, I can perform screens to help predict if you are at an increased risk of injury by putting your results into a well researched database through Move2Perform. These screens are also recommended after injury to ensure an athlete is actually safe and ready to return to sport, instead of the standard range of motion and resisted muscle testing which doesn't correlate well to actual sporting activities.
Because of the individualized nature of PUMA's Physical Therapy services, health insurance is not taken up front, but the client can easily submit their receipt to their insurance company to be reimbursed at the out-of-network rate. This allows for the one-on-one sessions that can treat the cause and effect of your symptoms and prepare you to return to your normal activities with the least likelihood of symptom return. The difference in payment is likely to be minimal, and often less with PUMA. Because of the individualized sessions, clients have a better understanding of what is being addressed and typically recover faster, requiring less visits over a shorter period of time. The co-pay, percentage, or deductible amount that you would be paying for more visits for a longer time frame will likely be higher or about the same as you pay to get one-on-one sessions that will treat the whole person, not just a body part.
Wondering if you need a prescription? New York is a direct access state which means for most insurances, you can come directly to PT without seeing a doctor first and without a prescription for up to 10 visits or 30 days, whichever comes first. If your sessions will continue past that point, a prescription will be needed.
(Due to not taking insurance, Medicare, Workers Comp, and No-Fault cases cannot be seen under this model as it is illegal. If you have Medicare and you want to be seen after you have met your cap or been denied continued treatment elsewhere, that is legal, but will not be re-imbursed. Please call with any questions.)
● Flexible and to meet the needs of the client, including weekends and evenings as needed.
● Initial Evaluation: 1 full hour, one-on-one, including full body evaluation, discussion of findings, treatment, and establishment of home exercise routine...$95
● Follow-Up Sessions As Needed (often 1-2x/wk, but can be 3 if appropriate): one-on-one treatment sessions that can include manual therapy, exercise, neuromuscular re-education, electric stim/ultrasound, sports therapy, etc. Each session can be anywhere from 15 to 60 minutes, but most often are 30 or 45 minutes in duration...$20/15 minutes i.e. If you are being treated for 45 minutes, the cost is $60. If you are seen for a 15 minute treatment, the cost is $20.
● Athlete Screening *Meant for All Ages 6th Grade through Adults*: FMS and Y-balance testing with print-out of your results including comparison of you to other athletes about the same age in the same sport/activity. Takes about 30 minutes and then 10-15 minutes to put in to the database and review...$30
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR QUESTIONS OR TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT:
● Therapist and Owner: Shari Gaal, MSPT, CSCS
● Phone: (315) 532-3162
● E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
● Website: Pumapt.com
About Shari Gaal: